Prima Danse is taking part in the TD Park People program to provide free dance activities in parks.
Through the Youth Take Charge program, the financial support of the Government of Canada allows Prima Danse to meet 45 classes in the Eastern Townships, the Quebec City area, and the greater Montreal area to talk about diversity and assertiveness through dance.
Through the “Fight against homophobia and transphobia program” of the Quebec Ministry of Justice, Prima Danse has been meeting elementary and secondary school students and parents in the farthest regions of Quebec to raise awareness about sexual stereotypes related to homophobia.
Prima Danse would like to thank Opération Enfant Soleil for his financial support. This support help Prima Danse to offer to students some lighting accessories during our dance activities. These new accessories help them to attracted the attention. We’re able to reach a wider youth audience thanks to this investment.
- In 2017, Canadian Heritage financed a flash-mob tour of 10 administrative regions across Quebec as part of Canada’s 150th anniversary celebrations.
- Prima Danse took part in Montreal’s 375th anniversary celebrations thanks to the City of Montreal and the Quebec government.
- In 2016, the Ministry of Justice financed a program to fight against homophobia through dance workshops, first in Montreal, then throughout various regions of Quebec.
- Opération Enfant Soleil’s Fonds Josée Lavigueur enabled Prima Danse to acquire the material to get young people moving and encourage them to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- In 2015, Canadian Heritage financed a tour of dance workshops to promote the Pan American Games.
- In 2014, the Ministry of Culture and Communications financed a tour of workshops for young dance enthusiasts across Quebec.
- The City of Montreal’s Inclusion and Innovation program has started to finance cultural Prima Danse activities as part of certain cultural recreation projects.
- In 2013, the Forum Jeunesse de l’île de Montréal youth forum financed the hypersexualization awareness through dance program.